Tuesday, December 13, 2005

 

I miss you

Yesterday was my Grandfather's birthday. I composed a short simple poem and it is solely dedicated to his memory :

I think of you as a carefree soul
Cheerily striding towards the gateway of heaven
I remember the way you used to call my name
Anxiously waiting for me to reply, for me to give a sign
You weren't weak, you didn't cling
All you asked for was for us to be there
If we could hold your hand through the dark times, if we could re-assure you gently
I feel pained you never got the love you deserved
Still in the end you left us with a smile on your face
That smile it had hidden emotions - fear anger frustraition and
Peace
You would finally be loved, you would finally be held, you would finally be comforted
And now I think of you as a carefree soul
I utter my heartfelt prayer
Please forgive us

12 December 2005

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?